Now that everyone is back in the swing of things, we are so excited to announce our February events! Stop by any of our events to meet new friends and get to know your neighbors. Plus, there’s always free food!
REMINDER: We have several floor plans already sold out for next year. If you are interested in renewing, please come talk to us before it’s too late!
- If you haven’t renewed your lease yet, now is the time!
- All lockouts during office hours cost $1. All proceeds go to Relay For Life.
- The Avenue C fresh market recently had a card swipe installed to help deter theft, as we want to keep this amenity. Any resident in the signature suites will need their card reactivated and can do so between 9 a.m.–5 p.m. Monday–Friday.
Reminders & Update
- Office hours are Monday through Saturday from 9 a.m.–6:30 p.m., and Sunday from 10 a.m.–6 p.m.
- Locked out of your apartment, neighbors being loud, or have an emergency? Please call the Community Assistant on call at (217) 304-2533 for any after-hours emergencies. Available seven days a week!
- Smoking in your apartment is NOT allowed. Doing so can carry a fine of $100 per resident and lead to eviction with additional fines of $250 per resident. There is no smoking allowed in the lobby, clubhouse, parking garage, stairwells, elevator, OR within 30 feet of any entry door to the buildings.
- As a reminder, please leave all windows completely closed if you head home or will be out of town. Thermostats can be left on and set between 60–65 degrees.
- Rent payments: Your rent payment is due on the 1st of the month, and late fees will be applied on the 6th at 8:30 a.m.
- If you have any questions regarding parking, the payment portal, or about your account, please see Sean-Michael Tisdall, our AGM, or email him at email@example.com.
- For any resident/roommate conflict-related issues, lounge reservation requests, and event idea submissions, please contact our Resident Director, Prasun Shah, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Focus on Career Success
Whether you are a sophomore looking at internships or a senior getting ready for that first job after graduation, the spring semester brings added pressure as you seek to set yourself apart and set yourself up for success.
Here are five tips to keep you moving forward on a career success track:
Tip #1: The key to getting hired is selling yourself better than the other candidates. What’s your pitch? Practice concise ways to share your value and what you are looking for.
Tip #2: Your resume’s only job is to get your foot in the door! Have it critiqued at the career center.
Tip #3: Google yourself: What does your online presence tell future employers? Are you focusing on your online brand? Your potential employer is! Work on shaping your presence online and off.
Tip #4: Come up with EVERY reason an employer might not hire you — and an answer for each objection. For example, “What I lack in relevant experience, I make up for with my drive and proven ability to learn new things quickly.”
Tip #5: Learn from the best! Find people doing what you want to do and doing it well — and ask them for guidance. It’ll be well worth your time and perhaps a few cups of coffee to do informational interviews with others on their success stories.
These tips are obviously just the tip of the iceberg. Watch out for career success experiences here at your community. Whether you want feedback on your pitch or need someone to critique your resume, let us know how we can help you and connect you with resources to assist in your success!
Community Event Calendar
The Big Game Viewing Party — Sunday, February 5 — Come down to the clubhouse and watch the big game and enjoy some food! Who do you think will win?
Bingo Night — Tuesday, February 7 — Stop by the clubhouse to win some cash prizes! Will you win the grand prize of $100?
Make Your Valentines — Wednesday, February 8 — Come make your own valentines and Valentine’s Day crafts!
Valentine’s Day Canvas Painting — Sunday, February 12 — Come paint a Valentine’s-themed canvas!
Happy Valentine’s Day — Tuesday, February 14 — Stop by the clubhouse and pick up a Valentine’s Day treat!
National Tortilla Chip Day — Friday, February 24 — Stop by our nacho bar and create your favorite nacho concoction to celebrate National Tortilla Chip Day!