Spring will be here before we know it, but since it’s still cold and you’re bundled up inside anyway, come down to any of our March events! Events are a great way to meet new friends and get to know your neighbors. Plus, there’s always free food!
REMINDER: We have several floor plans already sold out for next year. If you are interested in renewing, come talk to us before it is too late!
Stay Classy Milwaukee,
Maintenance Tips or Special Highlight
- If you haven’t renewed your lease yet, now is the time!
- All lockouts during office hours cost $1. All proceeds go to Relay For Life.
- The Avenue C fresh market now has a card swipe to help deter theft. Any resident in the signature suites will need their card reactivated and can do so from 9 a.m.–5 p.m. Monday–Friday.
Reminders & Updates
- Office hours are Monday through Saturday from 9 a.m.–6:30 p.m., and Sunday from 10 a.m.–6 p.m.
- Locked out of your apartment, neighbors being loud, or have an emergency? Please call the Community Assistant on call at (217) 304-2533 for any after-hours emergencies. Available seven days a week!
- Smoking in your apartment is NOT allowed. Doing so can carry a fine of $100 per resident and lead to eviction with additional fines of $250 per resident. There is no smoking allowed in the lobby, clubhouse, parking garage, stairwells, elevator, OR within 30 feet of any entry door to the buildings.
- As a reminder, please leave all windows completely closed as you head home for spring break or are out of town. Thermostats can be left on and set between 60–65 degrees.
- Rent payments: A reminder that your rent payment is due on the 1st of the month, and late fees will be applied on the 6th at 8:30 a.m.
- If you have any questions regarding parking, the payment portal, or about your account, please see Sean-Michael Tisdall, our AGM, or email him at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- For any resident/roommate conflict-related issues, lounge reservation requests, and event idea submissions, please contact our Resident Director, Prasun Shah, at email@example.com.
Soft Skills Make a Difference
A positive attitude and the ability to look someone in the eye while giving a firm handshake can truly set two very similar candidates apart in the job process. In this day and age of hiring and recruiting, we’ve been hearing a lot about soft skills, or people skills, when describing a candidate’s interviewing and hiring process. These are the skills that basically allow you to get along and interact with others in a work and social environment. Your ability to evaluate and hone your people skills should be part of your job prep, just as you ensure your resume is clean and typo-free.
An employee should be able to communicate, listen, share ideas, and interact with people (sometimes difficult people) in a way that demonstrates professionalism at all times. During the interview process, while your resume is showing your credentials, you are inherently demonstrating your soft skills. It takes constructive thought to be the person you want to be in the workplace. It doesn’t just happen by chance — it happens via thoughtful awareness, informed actions, and respectful engagements.
The skills of success, such as being adaptable, being positive, having a willingness to assist, and conveying a strong work ethic, are arguably more important than any degree or credential.
Stay tuned for more success tips and resources from Campus Advantage!
Did you know we are a national partner with Relay For Life? Make a difference in the fight against cancer by joining our team or donating. Contact the leasing office to find out more about how you can get involved!
National Oreo Day Contest — Monday, March 6 from 1–3 p.m. — Celebrate National Oreo Day by participating in an Oreo-eating contest. Try to get an Oreo from your forehead to your mouth and win a gift card! And of course, we’ll be enjoying Oreos and milk!
Bingo Night — Tuesday, March 7 from 7:30–8:30 p.m. — Stop by the clubhouse to win cash prizes! Will you win the grand prize?
Tips and Treats — Friday, March 10 from 1–4 p.m. — Learn money-saving tips and fun facts about money. Snacks will be provided!
Pi(e) Day — Tuesday, March 14 from 5–7 p.m. — Swing by the clubhouse for a slice of pie in honor of Pi Day!
Find the Leprechaun — Thursday, March 16 @ 8 a.m. to Friday, March 17 @ 8 a.m. — Leprechauns are hidden around the lobby and the clubhouse. Find the most and win a prize!
Welcome Back (from Spring Break) Pizza Party — Tuesday, March 21 from 5:30–7:30 p.m. — Come and enjoy some pizza and drinks in the clubhouse!